Thursday, June 16, 2011

Regarding the Book of Bests and Other Such Nonsense

Look at me! I am writing an entry half way through the month which means that my posting speed had increased by 50%!  At this rate I'll be posting VERY frequently in the near future...I'd better slow down or I'll never keep up! 


In order to keep YOUR attention and prolong MY carpal tunnel I have decided on an alternate way of giving my audience insight into my life.  I will write shorter posts!  It will include all of the less significant happenings in my life and together those small things will make a big picture for you! Alright, enough talk.  Here goes...


1. THE BOOK OF BESTS
Yesterday as Ju and I wandered and giggled to pass the time while the boys (Bo and Danny) set fence posts in the ground, something sparked a thought in my mind.  I should make a book of bests in which I could record the most outstanding things that I find day by day.  The very obnoxious thing is that I had the very BEST best to start off with and now...I can't think of it for the world of me.  Blast.  I will ask Julia what it was and get back with that thought later. Entries from The Book of Bests to follow.


2. Singing in Harmony With a Stranger
As I title this thought I realize that it may not have been harmony...I for one wasn't singing a melody or harmony and I think it's safe to say that I didn't hear any on the other end.  So, as I mentioned, Bo, Danny, Ju and I went hiking yesterday after Bo and Danny put very heavy fence posts in the ground.  We hiked for a few hours in the warm sun and we had comical conversation the whole time.  At one point I was singing "Your Song" from Moulin Rouge as we were coming down Misery Ridge at Smith Rock.  I was singing it poorly and only one part over and over again(Isn't that obnoxious!)  When I ended, I heard a lady a switch-back below me exclaim about loving the song and finish it for me. I was very happy to think that tune was distinguishable from my crooning and even happier that such an obscure song would be the connection between to strangers hiking down the hill side.


3.On the Subject of Moulin Rouge
I recently discovered the music from this musical while I traveled with Nola Joy to the coast.  I haven't ever seen the movie.  The thing is... I LOVE the music but sometimes I blush when I realize what the subject matter is!! Anyway, I am in denial about the whole thing because I can not help but be enchanted by one, "Obi Wan Kanobi"'s voice.  Goodness Gracious.


4.Did I Say that this Would Be Short?
I try not to expound but apparently I have work to do.


5.Work at the Brand
I am now serving and it is going VERY well.  I feel pretty confident in everything except alcohol.  I secretly hope that I can avoid some of that knowledge.  They(some recent customers) tell me that as long I look good and get them their food fast I will be fine. I've been spending more time in front of the mirror before work lately... the fact that I know some of the terminology that I do makes me blush and I would rather not continue to learn more.


6.I am Falling Asleep
Hey! I just remembered a great thing to end on.  The other day I took an afternoon nap following not very much sleep and a lot of work for about 4 days.  I was tired and down for the count when my mom brought me the phone.  Chaser boy had questions about filling out an application and so of course I obliged.  Unfortunately on his third question I started thinking about an answer and slowly drifted back off to sleep. Seconds later I woke up to Chase's voice on the other end, "Hello?"  I had stopped mid sentence.  I guess it's better that I fell asleep while talking rather than driving aye?


With that last thought, I am going to finish becuase I would hate to fall asleep mid-post.  I think I will continue to work on the short post next time... I have so much that I want to say! I think too much apparently.  Sianara! Thanks for reading!  
  

2 comments:

  1. on alcohol... where are you working? waitress at a bar?
    on Moulin Rouge... it is a scandalous movie... but the subject matter is, I think, beautiful. It is about a man who falls in love with a woman (a prostitute) and through that love she is able to realize she is worth more then the price people will pay... that she and love are indeed priceless... that is redemption I believe.

    ReplyDelete